Weekend Reception Role Description:
To ensure the smooth running of our services at the weekend.
Responsibilities & Duties:
• Maintain the Beaumond House code of confidentiality at all times.
• Treat all visitors, patients, their relatives and their carers in a sensitive, polite and caring manner.
• Welcoming visitors to the hospice.
• Answering the telephone.
• Liaising with the nursing staff to ensure messages are passed on in an appropriate and timely fashion.
• Receiving donations from members of the public.
• Sale of goods.
• Report any potential health and safety hazards within the premises or grounds to a member of staff immediately on discovery.
• Help to maintain a safe environment, reporting any obvious risk areas immediately to any member of staff.
• Attend induction training, annual mandatory training and any other appropriate and recommended training.
• In all actions undertaken, have regard for the hospice reputation.
• A good manner when talking to people. Being friendly and approachable is essential.
• A good understanding of the importance of confidentiality and a respect for other people's privacy.
• The ability to take accurate notes and attention to detail is paramount.
• The ability to work as part of a team and a respect for all other individuals.
• Flexibility and an ability to build a rapport with others and a friendly and sensitive approach.
• Reliability and punctuality is important as well as a willingness to undertake any relevant training.
• Commitment and reliability, patience and empathy.
What we ask of you:
• That you can meet the physical requirements of the role that you are applying for.
• That you have a positive and proactive approach
• That you are confident and trustworthy
Here at Beaumond House we are committed to providing training and development opportunities to our volunteers. All new recruits receive a general introduction to the Hospice as well as a personal induction to your role. Additionally, we can arrange any further training courses that you may need, tailored to each individual volunteer role.